OT: Configure SPF record for lists.haxx.se

From: Charles Zhang via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 13:02:01 +0200

Currently lists.haxx.se does not have SPF configured. This increases
the chance of mails from the mailing list going into spam folders.
Previously I have seen subscription confirmation mail from lists.haxx.se
being flagged as spam by gmail.com

Setting up the SPF record is generally considered to be good practice,
and is quite simple by adding a TXT DNS record. The domain matching is
based on Return-Path and does not need further configuration on
GNU mailman side.

For other DNS-based email authentication methods, DKIM still breaks
since mailman modify the message body to append a notice. DMARC is
basically policy configuration from the sender to specify what to do
with emails that fail SPF or DKIM checks. I'm not sure whether DMARC
support is considered by spam filters of major mailbox providers.

Best regards,