Re: curl with websockets

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 13:04:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Jun 2022, Stefan Eissing wrote:

>> What would you want it to do? What fun features do you think a curl command line use of WebSockets should offer?
>
> Isn't connecting it to stdin/stdout the obvious thing?

It is.

Then data on stdin could be sent to the peer... as text or as binary? Maybe we
we should use an option to allow the user to specify.

And all data that is received could be written to stdout.

Maybe we should allow for example "-d" to provide data to send after the
connection has been established, to make it easier to automate websockets
toying.