Re: Getting YOUR feedback on developing pull requests for curl

From: Paul Gilmartin via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 12:38:39 -0600

On May 28, 2022, at 11:50:55, Ray Satiro via curl-users wrote:
>> To do that, I've created this form: https://forms.office.com/r/00WE4xGRVv. If you're able to fill this out, this would really help me nail down the high and low spots of developing a change in curl.
> Some mail clients (like yahoo webmail for example) create a bad link
> with an errant period at the end. For those clients the survey link is
> https://forms.office.com/r/00WE4xGRVv

It's possible that those clients create a proper link but the user
unwittingly supplies the period. The clients should follow the
Recommendations in <URL:https://www.freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/1738/36.htm>,
    ..., is recommended that angle brackets ("<" and ">"), along with
    the prefix "URL:", be used to delimit the boundaries of the URL.
to protect the user, as in:
<URL:https://forms.office.com/r/00WE4xGRVv>.

Otherwise, the period is a character permitted in HTTTP URLs.

--
gil