Re: curl: add --rate to set max request rate per time unit

From: Timothe Litt <litt_at_acm.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 09:33:49 -0400

On 04-Apr-22 09:19, Paul Gilmartin via curl-users wrote:
> I might prefer to simplify to:
> curl --delay 0.07 $URL[a-z] -O # Always in seconds
>
> This might allow such as "--delay 86400".

Do you really want to have a process hanging around for a day between
transfers?

At that point, a cron job would be more appropriate.

Even if 86400 is just a strawman/placeholder, it makes the point that
the use cases (and non-use cases) for this feature need to be clarified....

Timothe Litt
ACM Distinguished Engineer