Feature Request: Add command line option to url-encode URL?

From: Cristian Morales Vega via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 12:45:00 +0100

While library users have
https://curl.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_escape.html, AFAICT command line
users need to find their own way to URL-encode if they want to do
something as basic as download a file over HTTP which happens to
contain a space.

The only related thing I have seen in the man page is "curl will do
its best to use what you pass to it as a URL. It is not trying to
validate it as a syntactically correct URL by any means but is instead
very liberal with what it accepts."

There is anything stopping curl from having a --encode-given-url option?