Re: curl option for specifying more client certificates

From: Aaltonen Eero via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 12:57:45 +0000

On Tue, 2022-03-08 at 13:52 -0600, Von Hawkins wrote:
> Please excuse the top-post.
> Have you looked into the Mozilla NSS support? Curl used to support
> certificates in a cert9.db. I don’t know if it still does.

Thank you. I built the NSS version and used that last tuesday.
It does work. NSS is using the SQLite based DB nowadays
Example:
certutil -d sql:${HOME}/.pki/nssdb -L

I had to translate that a bit to get it to work with curl:

export NSS_DEFAULT_DB_TYPE="sql"
SSL_DIR=${HOME}/.pki/nssdb path/to/curl-nss-version --cert
"MYTOKEN:MYCERT" --cacert CACERT <url>

This was for curl (nss) version 7.68.0 (for Ubuntu 20.04).

--
BR,
Eero Aaltonen