Re: How to use curl -Z (--parallel) effectively?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 23:02:40 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2022, jacques granduel via curl-users wrote:

> Where are these solutions documented? Not in
> https://everything.curl.dev/cmdline/urls/parallel (very useful anyway thx
> to the author). Not found in man...

The "config file" concept is documented here:

   https://everything.curl.dev/cmdline/configfile

... and in the man page here:

   https://curl.se/docs/manpage.html#-K

> Does --parallel|-Z replace completely xargs -P x or Gnu Parallel in term of
> performance?

It likely depends on the exact situation, but since curl -Z can reuse
connections and share caches etc, it should be possible to be a lot more
effecient than other ways to do parallel transfers.