Re: Feature request: Add 'content' field in -w %{json} output

From: rs _ via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 14:02:28 -0600

Absolutely. I don't think it should be set as default. Instead, there are
different options according to the specific requirements:

For a single property (or a few properties) -> -w '{content_type}'
For general metadata -> -w '{json}'
For the entire response -> -w '{json+full}' (or something like that)

> Try that with a terrabyte download! =)

It wouldn't work and that's the reason I think this should be implemented
in curl.

> I haven't objected to it, but I probably won't work on it myself in 2022.

That's okay, although in reference to your previous message, I don't think
there is a cleaner alternative without appending a potentially huge json
object in the response.