Re: Resolved "--remote-header-name"?

From: Paul Gilmartin via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 18:15:13 -0700

On Feb 15, 2022, at 16:18:46, Ray Satiro wrote:

> To get the filename you can use --write-out %{filename_effective} [1].
> Those keywords can't be used elsewhere, for example there's no
> --dump-header %{filename_effective}.HDRS.

Thanks. It's a long man page and I hadn't read as far as "-w".

So I can do a trial download to capture the filename_effective to
use in --time-cond <filename_effective> and --dump-header %{filename_effective}.HDRS.
The worst case is where headers contain Etag but no filename.

It's OK as long as I'm not paying for the bandwidth.

But it's better than that. --write-out %{filename_effective} seems
to work even if the trial download fails, and I can cause that to
happen. Little bandwidth wasted. But can I count on that not
changing in a future release?

--
Thanks again,
gil