Re: What use/example multi handle.

From: Stef Bon via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 04:43:39 +0100

Op do 10 feb. 2022 om 16:39 schreef Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:

> I'm not sure what you're asking here. It can do one, two, five or two hundred
> transfers. You decide!

My question is is a transfer here the same as a connection?

> > Is for every handle a socket created?
>
> Every concurrently ongoing transfer might use one or more sockets, yes. But an
> added transfer can sometimes use an existing connection (if HTTP/2 is used) so
> it doesn't always create another connection/socket.

Ok. What is the effect of the number of handles (created with
curl_easy_init(), and added with curl_multi_add_handle() ) on the
number of connections?
The way I look at it is that the context/application uses the handles,
and decides how many handles it uses (it is possible to do that a
dynamic way). libcurl decides to create one or more connections to
serve the requests. That may depend on the protocol used. Do I think
correct?

> > And I'm using my own eventloop, so I'm not using the curl wait and poll
> > functions.

The function associated with the configparameter
CURLMOPT_SOCKETFUNCTION is helpful I think here.

Stef