Re: What use/example multi handle.

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 13:47:35 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2022, Stef Bon via curl-users wrote:

First: this is the curl-users mailing list, mostly targeted for users of the
curl tool. The curl-library mailing list is better suited for libcurl
questions and discussions.

> I'm using the single handle interface, I'm wondering what benefit the
> multi handle can bring. Is is a set of handles over one connection,
> are more connections created. And yes, is this always the case, or
> does the libcurl library decide to create a new connection?
>
> Does it give performance improvements in general cases?

It provides a non-blocking API that allows any number of parallel transfers
simultaneously.

See https://curl.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-multi.html

Or maybe for an overview start here: https://everything.curl.dev/libcurl/drive