Re: Question: Upgrading from curl 7.19.7

From: Jeffrey Walton via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 21:16:04 -0500

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 1:00 PM FL AA via curl-users
<curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:

> Dear Curl Users:
>
> I am running on an extremely old Linux server. Is it possible to upgrade curl version 7.19.7? If so, could you please explain how? Below are my details.

I've built Wget, cURL, Git and OpenSSH back to Fedora 1 and Ubuntu 4.
I use these build scripts: https://github.com/noloader/Build-Scripts.
On Linux the scripts set a RPATH or RUNPATH, so you don't need those
stupid LD_LIBRARY_PATH tricks that plague Linux.

Jeff