RE: JSON support

From: Bill Mercer via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 23:39:59 +0000

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022, Pierre Brico via curl-users wrote:
> That isn't the role of curl to worry about the content of the data sent.

What are the biggest concerns people have about adding this functionality?

Is it primarily a philosophical/esthetic thing? Or are there more practical concerns?

The reason my opinion has changed is that JSON has become almost ubiquitous, and I'm often using curl in new/foreign environments.

I know it's not "unixy" to put too much into a single tool, but it's kind of too late for that with curl, isn't it?