Login to SFTP server using password instead of key

From: Friedrich-W. Prelle via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 08:22:27 +0100

Hi,

I am searching for a solution for the following issue:

Try to connect to an SFTP Server whith user name and password. The
server offers key authentication and curl does search for the key but
not use the password.

:\KT\Test>curl.exe -k -v --user "username:password" "sftp://server:22"
*   Trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:22...
* Connected to server (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) port 22 (#0)
* SSH MD5 public key: NULL
* SSH SHA256 public key: NULL
* SSH authentication methods available: publickey,password
* Using SSH private key file ''
* SSH public key authentication failed: Unable to extract public key
from private key file: Unable to open private key file
* Failure connecting to agent
* Authentication failure
* Closing connection 0
curl: (67) Authentication failure

How can I force curl, to use the password authentication?

Thanks for any help.

Fidi