Re: Add more code generating flags like --libcurl: --python --javascript, etc.

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 08:43:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021, Boris Verkhovskiy via curl-users wrote:

> why am I duplicating all this work just to effectively overlay some command
> line flags over curl? Can't I just convince Daniel that this would be
> useful?

It's not just me who needs to be convinced, there are more people involved.

I'm generally positive to making sure curl works fine in the bigger
surrounding and we have options like --libcurl already supported for this
reason.

I think the "copy as curl" function trend is awesome and helps users
everywhere run more curl commands.

If we can help curl commmand line converters I think it is worth exploring. I
don't think curl should do the actual and full convertions since that's not
the expertise we have in this project and I don't think we're the right team
for that, but I'm open for doing things to curl that makes it easier for
others to convert the command lines and otherwise enhances their convertion
quality.

This said, I don't know in what way curl can best help with this.