curl download mirrors no more

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 09:11:25 +0200 (CEST)

Hello friends!

When curl started to become popular, we setup a system to provide curl
downloads via a system of mirrors run and hosted by volunteers. It really
helped us to deliver curl everywhere at high speeds and with great stability.

Today however, with the website infrastructure being handled by a
globe-spanning powerful CDN like Fastly, we actually save ourselves some
trouble and maintenance by providing the downloads ourselves. They're still
fast and reliably provided.

Since we transitioned to the new website infra, months ago, I haven't setup
the rsync for mirrors so they've not been able to stay in synch, and I've also
recently removed the mirror-links from the download page.

As of today we're officially stopping the mirrored download service.

I'd like to express a HUGE and sinsere THANK YOU to all of you awesome people
who ran and have run these lovely mirrors for us for so long just for the good
of the project and its users. It is friends like you who make curl possible.