Strange redirection to Cloudflare server with Captcha?

From: Mac-Fly via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 05:19:44 +0200

Dear all,

since a few days a have the problem that a few pages that used to work just fine now return a page that comes from Cloudflare and wants to input some Captcha.

For example, a call to:
curl https://www.audacityteam.org
...returns a webpage with the title:
<title>Please Wait... | Cloudflare</title>
...and this meta-data:
...and of course more content.
Strangely the same page called form any browser works just fine. And also, _was_ working fine for ages!
Also I tried to set the user agent to be exactly as my browser with no effect.

Do you have any idea what this may cause and (more important) how to work-around? :-)

The cURL I am using is:
curl 7.76.1 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.76.1 OpenSSL/1.1.1k (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.9 zstd/1.4.9 WinIDN libssh2/1.9.0 nghttp2/1.43.0 libgsasl/1.10.0