Re: How do I dig out the "video" address in this web site?

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 16:07:33 -0700

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 03:37:45PM -0700, ToddAndMargo via curl-users wrote:
> Using cURL, how do I dig out / find the "Video" web site of:
>
> https://sp.rmbl.ws/s8/2/r/j/n/E/rjnEb.caa.1.mp4?u=3&b=0
>
> as seen with Firefox's <ctrl><i>:
>
> https://ibb.co/Mn3C6yC
> ?
>
> I can not find it in the source code of the web site.

If you can't find it in the source code, then it's likely dynamically generated
with JavaScript. You might be able to figure out how to download some JSON from
somewhere and stitch together the URL yourself, but that will be tricky and
fragile. Another technique is to use a headless browser to execute the
JavaScript, then you can snatch the URL from there, but there will be a steep
learning curve to do that. If you're really lucky, then there will be a nice
documented API that will give you exactly what you need.

Dan