Re: Curl -K - works fine, but with -Z it outputs some zero len gth files

From: Max Waterman via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 17:48:29 +0800

I built a more up-to-date curl using the instructions (vcpkg):

$ ~/z/davidmaxwaterman/vcpkg/installed/x64-linux/tools/curl/curl -V
curl 7.74.0-DEV (Linux) libcurl/7.74.0-DEV OpenSSL/1.1.1j zlib/1.2.11
Release-Date: [unreleased]
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps mqtt pop3 pop3s rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: alt-svc AsynchDNS HTTPS-proxy IPv6 Largefile libz NTLM SSL TrackMemory UnixSockets

and it seems to work nicely. So, nice :D

The OS version is:

curl 7.68.0

so, I guess I could test the version in my script and force other users to upgrade too...else they'll hit the same problem, and it isn't completely obvious something has gone wrong.

FWIW, this is my speedup:

w/o -Z: 22m5s
with -Z: 5m57s

I did a 'diff -r' on the results, and they're the same, and I also re-ran the old version with -Z and confirmed many files are 0 bytes (total d/l is 119M instead of 230M)...which is why it takes only 4m47s :)

Anyway, thanks for prompting me to do that.

Regards,

Max.