Re: Curl -K - works fine, but with -Z it outputs some zero length files

From: Max Waterman via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 15:57:57 +0800

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021, at 2:09 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Apr 2021, Max Waterman via curl-users wrote:
>
> > If I have the curl command as above, it downloads one file at a time and it
> > works just fine.
> >
> > However, if I attempt to have curl run them in parallel by specifying "-Z",
> > then it creates many of the downloaded files with zero length.
>
> You forgot to show us your 'curl -V' output! To me, this sounds like a bug
> we've already fixed...

$ curl -V
curl 7.68.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.68.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1f zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.2.0) libssh/0.9.3/openssl/zlib nghttp2/1.40.0 librtmp/2.3
Release-Date: 2020-01-08
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtmp rtsp scp sftp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS brotli GSS-API HTTP2 HTTPS-proxy IDN IPv6 Kerberos Largefile libz NTLM NTLM_WB PSL SPNEGO SSL TLS-SRP UnixSockets

> > I'm thinking the issue I'm seeing is quite similar to the one described here:
> >
> > <https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/5611>
>
> I can't rule that out, but as you can get them serially it seems unlikely.

Hrm, a reasonable point, I suppose. I'll see if I can build a more recent version.

Regards,

Max.