Curl -K - works fine, but with -Z it outputs some zero length files

From: Max Waterman via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 11:05:46 +0800

I have a script in which I have a pipe that I've made output a series of:

"
url="..."
output="..."
"

that pipe into a curl command:

"
| curl -K - lots of other options
"

If I have the curl command as above, it downloads one file at a time and it works just fine.

However, if I attempt to have curl run them in parallel by specifying "-Z", then it creates many of the downloaded files with zero length. This happens even if I specify "--parallel-max=1" which I thought would be the same as running one at a time, but it seems not.

Any idea what is going on, and how to debug this?

[EDIT]
I'm thinking the issue I'm seeing is quite similar to the one described here:

<https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/5611>

So, I guess I'm out of luck. I've subscribed to that issue, but I think I'll have to try and find a different tool.

Regards,

Max.