Re: Pre-built 'dev' library ?

From: Ray Satiro via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 14:12:39 -0500

On 2/7/2021 8:52 AM, John Emmas via curl-users wrote:
> On 05/02/2021 20:02, Ray Satiro via curl-users wrote:
>>
>> The curl library (libcurl.dll -- which is not needed by curl.exe) has
>> the same all static dependencies except OpenSSL. I'm not sure why the
>> difference. I filed a bug at
>> https://github.com/curl/curl-for-win/issues/16
>>
>> You can download the other static dependencies on the windows
>> download page in the Specifications section.
>>

> Many thanks Daniel & Ray for helping with this. I guess I'll need to
> download libcrypto and libssl.
>
> Is there a specific version I'd need for each of them?  Obviously I
> could just install the latest versions - or is there some previous
> version that's preferable?
>
> And as a suggestion (given that the libcurl DLL can't work without
> those extra DLL's) would it make sense to include the crypto and ssl
> DLL's in your Windows zip file?  That way, people could be sure
> they're running the right combination of everything.

The maintainer chose not to put everything in one archive as he
explained in #16. All the other development files and the OpenSSL DLLs
are available to be downloaded separately in the Specifications section.
For example if you downloaded the 64-bit curl for windows then you would
download the 64-bit dependencies.