How to find return code/exit code after sending a mail command

From: Jason Liam via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 09:25:59 +0530

 I am sending a mail using the command described in the docs and i want to
know the status of the command that is ,Is the mail sent successfully?How
can i do that?Below is an example command i am using and the screenshot and
i notice that the connection is left intact .How can i close the connection
after success.So basically,
I am sending mail to my gmail account from my gmail account and the mail is
sent successfully but i want to know the return status of the command so
that i can utilize it afterwards.In this case the connection is left intact
at the end and i want to know how to find if the mail is sent successfully
or not and also how to close this connect left intact.
curl smtp://mail.example.com --mail-from myself_at_example.com --mail-rcpt
receiver_at_example.com --upload-file email.txt

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>