Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Re: Having an issue with gnutls and libcurl 8.8.0

From: Stefan Eissing via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 17:48:45 +0200

> Am 25.07.2024 um 17:07 schrieb Robert Brose via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>:
>
> Upgrading some libraries going from curl 8.4.0 with gnutls 3.7.10 (stable at the time) and nettle 3.9 (stable at the time) to
> curl 8.8.0 (stable when I started updating) with gnutls 3.7.11 (current stable) and nettle 3.10 (current stable). Building on 64 bit debian bullseye.
>
> I specify curl_easy_setopt(m_cURLFile->handle.curl, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1)
> My code hasn't changed between the working combo of curl 8.4.0/gnutls 3.7.10/nettle 3.9
>
> but https connections no longer work unless I disable VERIFYPEER and VERIFYHOST, they fail with error 43 otherwise. I specify the debian ca-certificates.crt in the build as always.
>
> Is there an issue with the combinations of curl versions and gnutls/nettle versions? Is there a place I can find the minimum required versions of these libraries?

Just build the curl 8.8.0 with a gnutls 3.7.10 freshly on macOS and see no problem with a command like
> ./src/curl -v --trace-config ssl https://curl.se

Do you have a `curl` command line tool built as well with the same versions? Does that work and if not, what does the verbose output say.

If you just have libcurl, you should consider adding a DEBUGFUNCTION and use `curl_global_trace("ssl")` to get verbose tracing.

Hope this helps,
Stefan