Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Re: CURL support of OS400 (IBMi)

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 11:40:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Jul 2024, Andrew Kirillovs via curl-library wrote:

> I would like to get some clarification about the current status of CURL
> support of OS400.

In the curl project we support everything and every platform that contributors
make work.

Lots of platforms occasionally need a patch or two applied to compile as we
continue to develop and not all platforms are tested frequently and in CI
systems. This is just the nature of things. We are an open source project.
Someone working with the platform can probably fix whatever is missing without
too much effort.

We rarely (have we ever?) say that a platform is "not supported".

If you want a truly and reliable "supported" status that goes beyond that best
effort, I would urge you to pay for a proper support contract.

> Checking README.OS400 it gives impression that there is some support

There is a lot more than just "some support". Patrick Monnerat has
meticulously and entirely volunteeringly been keeping the OS400 support alive
for decades. His most recent OS400 fixes landed in April 2024 if I see things
correct.

I suppose a recently added challenge for OS400 users is that we dropped
support for GSKit a while back.