Re: Concurrency and send/recv

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 13:31:28 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:

> curl handles can't be used from multiple threads at the same time [1] and
> because of that I'm pretty sure it's not possible. Note cached connections
> can be shared between threads (but there is a concurrency bug in that).
> Daniel will have to elaborate on the intentions here but I'm pretty sure
> based on the way it's documented [2] that it's not possible.

The same rules still apply: a (handle and) connection can only be used by a
single thread at any given time.

The shared connection pool via the share interface would allow different
threads to share a single pool (for unused idle onnections), but that requires
more work to be properly functional. I don't see that getting fixed in the
short term.