Re: Periodic segfault in curl_easy_perform()

From: Adrián Gimeno Balaguer via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 20:48:43 +0100

El mar, 9 mar 2021 a las 20:42, Tomalak Geret'kal via curl-library
(<curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>) escribió:

> On 09/03/2021 14:23, Adrián Gimeno Balaguer via curl-library
> wrote:
> > Considering the fact that apparently Valgrind is aimed to
> > detect memory leaks and it can't (easily?) detect the
> > source code line/s that might cause deferred UB errors,
> > should I even bother to install and run it on the test
> > machine?
> Yes.
> > If so, should I use any special parameters?
>
> No.
>
> Cheers

Hi everyone,

You might ignore my previous message. I have casually found the root
of this nightmare.

I had been passing a pointer of an unrelated type to curl_easy_setopt
(to set CURLOPT_POST), instead of the proper CURL handle. I've just
removed the call since the POST should be enabled already when
supplying POST fields (which I do). Apparently I had introduced the
bug inadvertently since +3 months ago.

But how is it possible that the compiler doesn't complain of that
misuse? (Even if curl_easy_setop is wrapped by a macro; a CURL handle
is required in the function call).

Anyways, problem solved.

Thanks,

--