HTTP request timeout and multi interface

From: Andrei Bica via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 17:07:25 +0200

Trying to make multiple HTTP requests using multi interface
with CURLMOPT_MAX_TOTAL_CONNECTIONS set to 1 will result in the requests
being serialized, one at a time.
Is there a way (API feature) to limit how long the request will take,
including the time it waits in the internal queue of multi handle (e.g.
after it is added using curl_multi_add_handle)?
By using CURLOPT_TIMEOUT we can only set the transfer timeout, which
doesn't include the time it waits for the transfer to begin.

Regards,
Andrei