Re: Periodic segfault in curl_easy_perform()

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 15:42:13 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021, Adrián Gimeno Balaguer via curl-library wrote:

> The program crashes after 5-10 minutes since startup (provided the periodic
> check always sends files) at curl_easy_perform() with the following stack
> trace:

As Tomalak mentioned, we can't do a lot if we cannot reproduce this problem. A
lot of users run libcurl and nobody else has reported this problem before.

Some debugging ideas:

- If you build libcurl debug enabled (with -g) you might get more details in
the stack trace from the crash, which might help.

- If you run with gdb and catch the crash, it might help to inspect local
variables and the stack trace.

- Try building your application with memory/address sanitizers or run with
valgrind to catch mistakes in your code that could be what makes libcurl trip.

> libcurl/7.74.0-DEV

I trust you built this from a release tag and it isn't just a random commit
from the middle of the release cycle? The "-DEV" part there reveals it isn't
from a release package.