curl_mime_* API: how to send post request with empty body?

From: Christoph M. Becker via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 17:05:17 +0100

Hi all,

I wanted to send a post request with an empty body, and found that

    curl_easy_setopt(handle, CURLOPT_MIMEPOST, NULL);

allows me to do so. But it does not work to reset a formerly set
mimepost, e.g.

    curl_mime_init(handle);
    part = curl_mime_addpart(mime);
    // initialize part
    curl_easy_setopt(handle, CURLOPT_MIMEPOST, mime);
    curl_easy_perform(handle);
    curl_mime_free(mime);

    curl_easy_setopt(handle, CURLOPT_MIMEPOST, NULL);
    curl_easy_perform(handle);

The second curl_easy_perform() call returns CURLE_SEND_FAIL_REWIND.
Some debugging showed that part->state.state is not reset to
MIMESTATE_BEGIN in cleanup_part_content(). Is this an oversight, or am
I missing something?

Regards,
Christoph