Re: Setting connection timeout per host?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 14:44:39 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021, Midnight Wonderer wrote:

> Realistically speaking, anyone who put 20 addresses for a hostname doesn't
> expect the client to try all 20 addresses;

> This can be made an option with a sane default. (like 4, or some number
> acquirable via statistic mean, or simply turn off)

It *could* certainly be made an option. It just seems like an option not even
0.1% of users would know about or even care about to modify even if they learn
it exists. I would be against such a option for that reason.

I would rather we focued on what exactly the problem and use case you have
with the existing algoritm is that makes you not able to just perhaps extend
the timeout a little?