Re: On memory-leaks as security problems

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 14:32:31 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021, Tomalak Geret'kal via curl-library wrote:

> I don't know how you'd formally define the threshold, but surely there is
> some common sense involved. Frankly I'm happy that you have enough of that
> Daniel to be the judge, and the fact that you've brought this question to us
> bears that out!

Yeah, I don't think we can make a fixed and formal threshold.

I started this thread primarily to get a feel for if my line of reasoning
matches what everyone else thinks. I now think we all mostly agree, even if we
of course ultimately still could end up debating which side of the imaginary
line in the sand a particular bug should end up on.

Thank you everyone for your valuable feedback and thoughts!