Re: TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 1167

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 18:27:13 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020, Dennis Clarke via curl-library wrote:

> on Solaris 10 sparcv9 :

> TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 1167
>
> So what can I do to dig out the details ?

Test 1167 runs the tests/badsymbols.pl script and verifies that it returns 0.

You can run that script manually in the source tree root and it will output
the symbols it found that it considered "wrong" - but since the script works
on a lot of machines and platforms, we can assume that it is a false positive
on your machine. Probably because your cpp outputs something in a different
way that makes the script do wrong.

Figuring that out is be a matter of debugging the script with the cpp outputs
on your machine. It runs cpp on each .h file in include/curl and makes sure
there are no public symbols defined in *our headers* that don't start with
(lib)curl (case insensitively).