Re: FTP with CURLOPT_NOBODY different behavior when performingonnon-existing files #5953

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 23:17:48 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020, Lukas Friembichler via curl-library wrote:

> To be honest I'm not even sure why the SIZE command is issued at all (I'm
> not interested in that..)

If you don't end the URL with a trailing slash, curl will assume it is a file
and then it will SIZE it and will consider a 550 to mean that it doesn't
exist.

I will agree that it is a change in behavior, but the change is that it now
treats the 550 to mean what it says. I think you can instead *not* ask to get
a file downloaded that is a directory! =)