Re: Online API

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 00:29:55 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 4 Dec 2020, Request X wrote:

> I am aware of node-libcurl (and others, like curl-request), but they don’t
> seem to do what curl does.

Do you then mean curl, the command line tool? Because no, that's libcurl and
while libcurl is *used* by curl, the command line tool does a few minor things
extra that the library doesn't do - but the library also does a whole lot of
more things than you can do with the command line tool.

The actual file transfer part of curl is still done by libcurl so they will be
done identically if asked to do them identically.

> I am not sure if it is because curl uses a proxy, but node-libcurl does not
> make a request like curl.

Proxies or not is not a difference. The entire proxy handling is done by
libcurl no matter which one you use.

node-libcurl can most certainly make identical requests that curl do.

> Try fetching ‘matchmaker.krunker.io’ in curl (like curl match...). It
> returns the correct response: This server manages matchmaking requests. Now
> go to node-libcurl and do the equivalent for that module. You get a 403
> forbidden error.

I don't belive you. Or rather, if there were differences they were due to bugs
or mistakes. If you create the requests the same, there's NO way for the
server side to detect any difference - since both requests would be done with
libcurl - so a server would have no way to differentiate between them.

> This is what I mean. There are some differences that I do not know of, and I
> think that an online api would really help.

What is "an online api" ?