[SMTP][RCPT] How to retrieve failed recipients using CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT_ALLLOWFAILS

From: Clément Bazin de Jessey via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 13:50:15 +0000

Hello,

When sending a SMTP mail with multiple recipients with CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT_ALLLOWFAILS set to 1L, is there a way to know for which recipient the send failed ?
I can see them in the console using CURLOPT_VERBOSE option but I would like my application to know it in order to perform some actions in such a case.
Using CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION and CURLOPT_WRITEDATA , or CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER doesn't allow me to get such information.
For know, I have to perform a SMTP VRFY for each recipient before sending the mail, which is pretty unconvenient.

Regards,

Clément Bazin de Jessey