Re: Re: Epoll performance issues.

From: James Read via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 14:28:23 +0000

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 2:16 PM James Read <jamesread5737_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 7:56 AM Patrick Schlangen <patrick_at_schlangen.me>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 27 Nov 2020, James Read wrote:
>> > Has anybody ever actually succeeded in making a high performance
>> application
>> > with epoll/libcurl as the back end.
>>
>> Yes. Some things I've learned (for my usecase):
>>

> What's your usecase? What kind of throughput were you able to achieve.
>

>> * If using SSL hosts, set CURLOPT_CAINFO to a small list of accepted CAs
>> or, if not interested in validation, to NULL. In my case, the default list
>> of trusted CAs which came with my OS (Ubuntu) was loaded all the time for
>> every connection, and it was huge and that caused a significant (!)
>> performance drop for the whole application.

Setting CURLOPT_CAINFO to NULL causes thousands of errors of the type:

DONE:
https://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/ballad-heroes-dlc-gwent-card-set/attachment/witcher_3_villentretenmerth_ballad_heroes_gwent_card/
=> (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Am I missing something here?

James Read