Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

[RELEASE] curl 8.9.1

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 09:18:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hello friends!

I'm happy to say that we have packaged a new release. Get it from
https://curl.se as always!

curl and libcurl 8.9.1

  Public curl releases: 259
  Command line options: 263
  curl_easy_setopt() options: 306
  Public functions in libcurl: 94
  Contributors: 3211

This release includes the following changes:

This release includes the following bugfixes:

  o cmake: detect `libssh` via `pkg-config` [10]
  o cmake: detect `nettle` when building with GnuTLS [12]
  o cmake: drop `if(PKG_CONFIG_FOUND)` guard for `pkg_check_modules()` [25]
  o configure: limit `__builtin_available` test to Darwin [22]
  o connect: fix connection shutdown for event based processing [17]
  o contrithanks.sh: use -F with -v to match lines as strings
  o curl: more defensive socket code for --ip-tos [21]
  o CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION.md: mention CA caching [9]
  o CURLSHOPT_SHARE.md: mention sessions/cookies as not thread-safe [20]
  o example/multi-uv: remove the use of globals [3]
  o ftpserver.pl: make POP3 LIST serve content from the test file [19]
  o GHA/windows: increase timeout for vcpkg build step
  o lib: survive some NULL input args [8]
  o macos: fix Apple SDK bug workaround for non-macOS targets [13]
  o misc: cleanup after removing years from copyright [26]
  o os400: build cli manual. [2]
  o os400: workaround an IBM ASCII run-time library bug [5]
  o RELEASE-PROCEDURE.md: remove the initial build step [1]
  o runtests: fold timing details with GHA, sync `-r` tflags [4]
  o tests: provide FTP directory contents in the test file [18]
  o tidy-up: URL updates [24]
  o TODO: thread-safe sharing
  o transfer: speed limiting fix for 32bit systems [6]
  o vtls: avoid forward declaration in MultiSSL builds [23]
  o wolfSSL: allow wolfSSL's implementation of kyber to be used [7]
  o wolfssl: avoid calling get_cached_x509_store if store is uncachable [11]
  o wolfssl: CA store share fix [14]
  o x509asn1: unittests and fixes for gtime2str [15]

This release includes the following known bugs:

  o see docs/KNOWN_BUGS (https://curl.se/docs/knownbugs.html)

Planned upcoming removals include:

  o TLS libraries not supporting TLS 1.3

  See https://curl.se/dev/deprecate.html for details

This release would not have looked like this without help, code, reports and
advice from friends like these:

   Aki Sakurai, Alex Snast, Anthony Hu, Daniel Stenberg, dependabot[bot],
   Dov Murik, extrimexxx on github, Gordon Parke, Harry Sintonen,
   icy17 on github, Ivan Kuchin, Mamoru Tasaka, Marcel Raad, Patrick Monnerat,
   Randall S. Becker, Sergey, Stefan Eissing, Tal Regev, Viktor Szakats
   (19 contributors)

References to bug reports and discussions on issues:

  [1] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=14267
  [2] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=14289
  [3] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=14287
  [4] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=14284