Re: Running int to "SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain" error on http trasnfers

From: Jeffrey Walton via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 14:14:20 -0500

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 12:19 PM kent williams via curl-users
<curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> Does this mean I could potentially configure it so it matches the
> configuration of the system curl?

You can perform a 'curl --version' and look at differences between the
configurations. They may be too different, such that you cannot get
them to behave similarly.

You can also try a different cacert.pem:

# Fetch the latest extracted from Mozilla
curl -o cacert.pem https://curl.se/ca/cacert.pem

# Use the CA store
curl --cacert cacert.pem ...

That should help narrow the problem.