Which transfer failed in case of multiple transfers?

From: Ilya Basin via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 12:43:48 +0300

Hi List.
I'm downloading many files from a site. To reuse the connection I invoke curl with multiple URLs and use --write-out '%{http_code}' to check whether all codes were 200.
If in the middle of the downloads the connection is lost curl writes the error message to stderr, but still prints 200 to stdout and exits with 0.
There's no --write-out '%{error_code}' or something like that. How to check which transfers failed an re-download only them?

The only workaround I can think of is to add --fail-early, check the exit code and count the number of the downloaded files.