Re: Obtain the real public IP address of mine with curl when using the socks5 proxy to access the corresponding api.

From: Hongyi Zhao via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 10:27:49 +0800

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 10:18 AM Dan Fandrich via curl-users
<curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 09:03:50AM +0800, Hongyi Zhao via curl-users wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 12:54 AM Dan Fandrich via curl-users
> > <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> > > What do you mean "real" IP address?
> >
> > I mean the public but dynamic IP address my ISP assigned to me.
>
> The first curl command you list above should be giving you that already.
> Isn't it?

Yes, but sometimes I maybe not directly access the API's URL while
through socks5 proxy does.

> > For my scenario, from one of my intranet machine, I want to do DDNS,
> > which will update the A record of my domain name on the remote DNS
> > server using the public dynamic IP address on my router.
>
> Some DDNS providers do this automatically for you. When you send a request to
> update the dynamic address and don't explicitly provide a new address, it will
> use whatever address the request is coming on.
>
> This discussion isn't really about curl, though.
>
> Dan

Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao_at_gmail.com>
Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic University of Science and Technology engineering
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China