Re: Git protocol support of (lib)curl.

From: Hongyi Zhao via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 11:56:17 +0800

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 11:51 AM Jeffrey Walton via curl-library
<curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 7:36 PM Hongyi Zhao via curl-library
> <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:
> >
> > $ curl git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git
> > curl: (1) Protocol "git" not supported or disabled in libcurl
> >
> > So, any hints for the git protocol support of (lib)curl?
>
> Please, no. That would create a circular dependency between cURL and
> Git. The circular dependencies are tricky to build on some platforms.
> It also means anything that depends on cURL would also depend on Git.
> iConv/GetText and Ncurses/Readline are bad enough...

What does this have to do with the current topic of discussion?

> Here are the recipes I use. It would be painful to lose them.
>
> * https://github.com/noloader/Build-Scripts/blob/master/build-curl.sh
> * https://github.com/noloader/Build-Scripts/blob/master/build-git.sh
>
> Jeff

Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao_at_gmail.com>
Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic University of Science and Technology engineering
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China