Re: Git protocol support of (lib)curl.

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 16:54:10 -0800

On Wed, Jan 06, 2021 at 08:29:21AM +0800, Hongyi Zhao via curl-library wrote:
> $ curl git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git
> curl: (1) Protocol "git" not supported or disabled in libcurl
>
> So, any hints for the git protocol support of (lib)curl?

I'm not sure the git: protocol is very useful without the git tool as well.
And, the since the git tool already implements the git protocol using libcurl,
I personally don't see much gain, except perhaps for the (very few) alternative
git implementations that might use a built-in git protocol. But, there would be
far too few of those to make this worthwhile. What is your use case?

Dan