umask/permissions for uploaded files via sftp

From: Johannes via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 09:01:43 +0100

Hello,

I haven’t found a solution to set default file permissions for uploading files. I wonder if curl respectively the client is responsible for setting the permissions or is that the job of the receiving server?

For me it would be nice if I could pass a umask as a parameter to a curl call.
I don’t want to change file permissions in a second step after uploading.

Best regards
Johannes Leidheiser