Replacing curl to latest version manually

From: Jaime Bonilla via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 12:25:05 -0400

Hello,

I need to replace the current version of curl on my RHEL server with the
curl 7.72 from the site and I am following instructions at the following
link,
https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043102852-Installing-a-custom-version-of-curl-command-line-tool-,
however I run into a problem with the following command:
# ./configure --prefix=$HOME/curl

I get the following error message:
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

I downloaded the curl-7.72.0.tar.gz file, but I am not sure if I am doing
this correctly. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jaime Bonilla