Re: Securing curl with syscalls

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 17:33:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Oct 2020, Emil Engler via curl-users wrote:

> My idea would be to write our own wrapper which will have a struct (or
> alternatively a bitmask) that has fields that are booleans with names like
> "access", "inet", "stdio". Then we would need a function which is being
> compiled differently from OS to OS. It interprets the struct and then
> executes the required syscall.

I would imagine the function won't even need very much flexibility since it'll
invoke libcurl so it needs to let libcurl do what it needs to do - but not
more.

I figure just diving in and experimenting with this is what's needed here to
get a feel for what can work and what will not...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!