Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Re: libcurl and S3

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2024 10:18:44 -0700

On Fri, Aug 23, 2024 at 11:08:29AM -0600, R C via curl-library wrote:
> I have been using libcurl to write a few simple S3/AWS programs.  Is there an add ons to easily
> use S3 with libcurl, or future plans to build in S3 functionality, or examples/docs  that show hoe
> to do S3 with libcurl.  (I am using gnu c mostly)

libcurl supports the proprietary AWS V4 signature authentication method. What
other kind of AWS functionality might you expect to have in libcurl? You can
build just about any kind of REST client you want on top of it already, but
including support for the HTTP API of one particular cloud API provider is out
of scope of the project. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that someone has
already built a front-end to various AWS service using libcurl as a base.

Dan