Need Some Help Installing OpenSSL

From: Jeff Miller <jeffopensrs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:25:44 -0500

I'm trying to get OpenSSL to work on my account. It is hosted on a shared
webserver running Solaris 7 and Apache 1.3.3 and I do not have root access.

I unpacked Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA-0.12.tar.gz and I keep getting errors when
running Make. Here's what I've tried when running the Makefile.PL:

perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=site
INSTALLSITELIB=/home/USERID/modules/OpenSSL

perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/USERID/modules/OpenSSL

perl Makefile.PL LIB=/home/USERID/modules/OpenSSL
PREFIX=/home/wavesai/modules/OpenSSL

Here's a copy of what came up in SSH:

venus:/modules/OpenSSL > perl Makefile.PL LIB=/home/USERID/modules/OpenSSL
PREFIX=/home/USERID/modules/OpenSSL
Warning: prerequisite Crypt::OpenSSL::Random 0 not found at (eval 1) line
226.
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lssl
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lcrypto
Writing Makefile for Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA

venus:/modules/OpenSSL > make
gcc -c -I/usr/local/include -O -DVERSION=\"0.12\"
-DXS_VERSION=\"0.12\" -fPIC -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/sun4-solaris/CORE
  RSA.c
In file included from RSA.xs:5:
rsaLib.h:8: openssl/ssl.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `RSA.o'
venus:/modules/OpenSSL >

Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can get OpenSSL
installed? I've installed several other modules on my account so I know it
is possible.

Best Regards,

Jeff