Re: Need Some Help Installing OpenSSL

From: Jeff Miller <jeffopensrs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:00:12 -0500

OK...I went back and recompiled OpenSSL entering:

./config --prefix=$HOME

make

make install

just to make sure it was complete. For some reason it must be seeing $HOME
as /home/USERID/modules/openssl-0.9.6b instead of /home/USERID/. The only
files under libs and include refer to curl.

The openssl directory is under the following:

/modules/openssl-0.9.6b/include/openssl

>And there *is* a libcrypto.a in /home/USERID/lib, right?
>
>'ar vt /home/USERID/lib/libcrypto.a' shows a bunch of object files, right?

There is a cryptlib.c, .h, and, o under this directory:
/modules/openssl-0.9.6b/crypto

Do you think I should just unpack all the OpenSSL files directory in my home
directory then do the ./config --prefix=$HOME, make install, and install
from there?

>Can you manually make a tiny little program like that and make it link with
>those libs?

I'm kinda confused...what do I need to do?

Thanks for all of your help! I really appreciate it.

Jeff