Re: Need Some Help Installing OpenSSL

From: Jeff Miller <jeffopensrs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:12:19 -0500

>I think you should remove the openssl package again, unpack a fresh one,
>then
>do the same steps one more time.

OK...I've removed all the files placed on my account from previous
installations of cURL and OpenSSL. I downloaded a new copy of OpenSSL and
uploaded it to my account, unpacked it and entered:

./config --prefix=$HOME

make

make install

For some reason it does not add any files to my /home/USERID/ directory. It
keeps adding them under /home/USERID/opennssl-0.9.6b/. I also tried this:
./config --prefix=/home/USERID/ and it still compiles it beneath the openssl
directory. I've tried doing this 3 times, each time I deleted all the
files, unpacked the tar file and started from scratch.

Is there anyway I can just install it where it keeps putting it and tell
cURL that is where it is located? If so, how? I tried doing that and it
said could not find OpenSSL libraries.

Jeff